UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Monday canceled an arranged visit to India this week as a result of the Covid-19 circumstance — the second time this year he has conceded an excursion to the nation because of the pandemic.
The UK government had chosen a week ago to decrease the length of Johnson’s visit following conversations with the Indian side. The Indian mission in London had declared the visit was to start on April 25.
“In the light of the current Coronavirus circumstance, Prime Minister Boris Johnson won’t venture out to India one week from now. All things being equal, Prime Ministers [Narendra] Modi and Johnson will talk not long from now to concur and dispatch their aspiring designs for the future association between the UK and India,” said a representative for the UK PM’s office.
Outer undertakings service representative Arindam Bagchi added the choice to cancel the visit had been settled on by common arrangement. “The different sides will hold a virtual gathering in the coming days…,” he said.
Hours after the declaration with respect to the abrogation of the visit, UK secretary of state for wellbeing Matt Hancock disclosed to Parliament the public authority had remembered India for the “red rundown” of nations confronting travel checks.
Johnson told correspondents that he and Modi had “essentially reach the resolution that, unfortunately, I will not have the option to proceed with the outing.”